Sunday, April 15, 2012

And zesty is only my middle name. . .

I have been eating a lot of produce lately. A LOT. This will likely continue to some extent throughout the summer. As any of you mamas on elim diets know, fresh produce (that is safe!) tends to fill the majority of the shopping cart on grocery day (and takes up the majority of the grocery bill! Ouch!). Because I have been looking for a bit more zest in my life, I decided to make a veggie dip. Here it is!

Very Veggie Dip
1 cup safe mayo (spectrum makes a DF/SF variety)
1/2-3/4 cup of safe mustard (I used Chardonnay Dijon)
1 1/2 tsp basil
1 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
1 1/2 tsp rosemary leaves
1 tsp sage
1-2 pinches of celery seed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Mix mayo and mustard together in a small bowl. Add in spices and blend. Chill and serve (or eat immediately with whatever crudities you can scavenge out of the fridge or garden).

The perk of chilling it in the fridge is that it allows flavors to meld a bit better. You can also play around with adding in honey and/or lemon juice for a bit of extra flavor. This works well as a potato salad or pasta salad dressing also!

No comments:

Post a Comment