Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A little concerned but hopefully it is just B. . .

Patches come off tomorrow and not a moment too soon! B has been super fussy and moody since they went on, wakeful in the night and crying out a lot in her sleep. I am hoping it is coincidental. . .maybe some mysterious little teeth are on their way? She is quite the chronic teether with no results for awhile yet. . . The patches look ok when I have checked them so we will see if there is any change in the AM and if not, they come off around 2pm tomorrow. Wish me luck--- you will all probably hear B's screams as I peel off the tape! I will post the results here when we get them. She has 15 patches which include most though not all of her known triggers, some common FPIES triggers that we have not yet done oral challenges for, and some meats and grains. I have some pics I will have to post later and surely I will have more in the next day or two.

On a different note, be sure to check out the latest recipe in "Recipes that Have Passed-- Part 2!" A recipe for a whole family meal--- yes, its true! You could actually feed your whole family with one meal, rather than cooking multiple meals! So long as no one is allergic to the other ingredients of course!!!! Also, I am going to test this recipe as a "freezer food," as I am a big big fan of this type of cooking. I will also be testing the cheese sauce with other casserole ingredients--- quinoa, polenta, and spinach for us, but I am sure that many other casserole ingredients that are safe for your individual little ones would be worth trying. Lately, I have decided to really push to come up with recipes for "the whole family." B is now a full fledged toddler and notices the differences in our foods. I would LOVE for us to have one night a week where we all could eat the same thing. Between B's FPIES, my (albeit mild) elimination diet, my vegetarianism. . . it gets a little kooky around our house for dinner sometimes. Also, with all of the household projects and fun things I have planned for B, I would like to come up with meals for families "on the go"-- freezer food recipes or crock pot recipes that are simple, safe and sensible. Really, there is so much about FPIES that doesn't make any sense, we should really try to make sense of the things we can in life, right? Stay tuned! I have a kitchen and B is pushing forward with food trials. There is little that can stop us now!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog from fpiesmudpies. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your recipes for the whole family! Do you mind if I link your blog from mine? feedingjake.blogspot.com
    Good luck with the patches! Heather

    ReplyDelete