Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day one of Pineapple!!!!!

Still experimenting in the kitchen with millet and sorghum, so I decided to start pineapple today to give a little more time to the recipe "process." Happily, after looking at the sorghum flour at the grocery store, I think the flour we had was fine. Apparently, sweet white sorghum flour really isn't white! Hahaha. It is truly a little gray!

As far as the pineapple, day one went great! I thought that we would have texture issues because of her issues with other foods-- meats and avocado. She handled the pineapple like a CHAMP! I didn't puree it or shred it; I just cut it into tiny chunks and she gobbled it right up! It was the first thing she ate for breakfast! I am hoping that the rest of the week goes as smoothly as this AM did! She did have a little reflux flare this AM, but her nap and nighttime sleep has been great for today and all diapers are normal! Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, you could make her a little pina colada type drink with pineapple and coconut milk! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete